K-12 TLC Theme: Connections
Essential Question: How do connections impact our daily lives?
All of our programs offer a variety of options to meet your family’s needs and to make learning more accessible. If you have any questions, just let us know!
Elementary Age Children: Pick Shabbaton or Sunday
- Shabbaton Family Learning – Saturday 3:00 – 5:30 pm Spend quality Jewish time as a family in a warm, informal atmosphere. Shabbaton includes a combination of separate adult study, grade level cohorts, family learning, and whole-group worship and singing. Siblings younger than four can be registered for Shabbatot babysitting. Teens are able to work as madrichim (teaching assistants).
- Sunday Learning – Sunday 9:30 am – 12:00 pm Engaging and creative grade-level learning experiences are the heart of Sunday Learning. Music, Hebrew Through Movement, and worship experiences enhance the day. Teens have an opportunity to work as madrichim (teaching assistants).
All 3rd through 6th Graders participate in Hebrew: Pick one option!
All include Hebrew on the weekend plus:
- Wednesday 4:00-5:30 pm. Interactive Hebrew Learning reinforced with games and holiday celebrations.
- Parent/Child: Parents attend the Hebrew session with their child on the weekend. It is geared towards families who want to learn together and spend 30-45 minutes practicing at home. There is an additional $35 fee.
- Skype: Includes a 20 minute private Skype lesson midweek and 30-45 minutes of independent practice at home. There is an additional $175 fee.
7th Grade Options: Pick Sunday or Monday!
Both include an optional Hebrew Lab geared towards those with Spring B’nai Mitzvah or who want to boost their Hebrew skills. Please note, your 7th Grade Learning Center fee will be billed in July.
- 9:30-10:30 am Hebrew Lab (Through December)
- 10:30 am -12:00 pm – 7th Learning (All Year)
- 5:30-6:30 pm Hebrew Lab (Through December)
- 6:30-8:00 pm 7th Learning. (All Year)
8th through 12th Grade: Pick the option that works best for you!
- Monday Chai Learning 7:00-8:00 pm.
- Kallah – Retreat Style Learning. We meet six times during the year on the weekend. Each session is four hours in length.
- Independent Learning – Need a more flexible learning option? We can set up a plan.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact Assistant Director of Learning Gloria Grischkan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-455-1706.