Welcome to The Temple-Tifereth Israel Giving Home Page. We are grateful to our congregants and friends whose support makes a difference every day in worship, in education, in social action, in arts and music programming, for all generations. We welcome you to learn more about our giving opportunities below:
Thank you to all of our generous donors who gave to the Annual Appeal on #GivingTuesday! Because of you, we more than TRIPLED our $1,000 goal! If you have not yet made your pledge to this year’s Annual Appeal or you would like to increase your gift, please click the link below.
2017 – 2018 Campaign
We reach out annually, as we have since 2004, to ask our congregants for this vital support. Your contribution helps us to:
• Continue, strengthen and diversify our meaningful worship opportunities and exceptional programming for congregants of all ages and interests, including Renew My Soul Services, Rock My Soul Shabbat, TGIS and Shira Chadasha;
• Maintain our beautifully expanded facility and grounds; and
• Welcome all who seek to be part of The Temple family and never turn anyone away due to financial hardship.
During the past year alone:
• 350 families experiencing tough economic times were granted reduced membership dues,
• 25 Students received scholarships to facilitate their Temple Learning Center enrollment,
• 25 Students received scholarships to attend Jewish summer camp or Israel education experiences, and
• More than 150 Temple families received meals delivered through our Caring Congregation program.
For these reasons and more, the success of the appeal is critical to becoming a warm and welcoming congregation, responsive to all of our members’ needs.
There are many ways to pledge, including using appreciated securities. If you have any questions about that, or just an exploratory conversation about giving opportunities, please contact Melissa Siegel, Development and Database Coordinator at 216-455-1725 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Funds are established by Congregants and other donors in order to:
– Honor or memorialize loved ones
– Support a program or activity which is especially meaningful to them
– Create a lasting legacy at The Temple
– Model for others the positive impact of philanthropy on our Congregation
A signed fund agreement is required to establish a fund. Gifts are acknowledged with a formal tax letter and are listed in monthly issues of the Temple Times. All funds are listed on our website so that fund sponsors as well as others may make ongoing contributions to them. From time to time, these funds, the motivation of the sponsors, and the use of the funds to support programs or activities are featured in the Temple Times and on our website. Fund sponsors receive an annual Fund Activity Report. All funds are held by The Temple Tifereth Israel, and are invested, currently in large part with the Jewish Federation of Cleveland’s investment pool.
Tribute Funds may be established with a minimum gift of $5,000. As to spending, both principal and/or investment income generated by the Fund may be used for the purpose specified without limitation.
Endowment Funds may be established with a minimum gift of $10,000 paid over a maximum of two years. Principal may not be spent, so spending for the specified purpose must come from investment income generated by the Fund and is limited to a formula approximating 5% of the Fund so that the Fund will continue to grow.
If you are interested in learning more about establishing a tribute or an endowment fund, please contact Melissa Siegel at 216-455-1725 or email@example.com