Mazel tov on your child/ren’s upcoming Consecration on Sunday, December 5th at 2:00 p.m. This beautiful ritual celebrates the beginning of a lifelong journey in Jewish learning. We perform this ritual for our first and this year’s second graders.
As part of our Consecration Celebration, we acknowledge multi-generational Temple families. If your child is a second, third, fourth, or fifth generation Temple Family, please let us know by Sunday, October 31st by filling out this form.
Please make sure your child is practicing with the attached recording of our special songs and poems for our December 5th service. If they can practice 2-3 times a week at home, in combination with our in-person rehearsal moments, their ease and confidence with the material will continue to grow.
Listen and download the music for the ceremony
Sunday, October 17th: Consecration Pictures for Shabbaton and Sunday Learners
- Sunday Learning: Drop off still at 9:30 and pick up at 11:45-12:00
- Shabbaton Parents: Please drop off your child at 10:00 a.m. and pick them up at the front door at 10:20. Please park in the drive by the front door and we will bring them out to you.
- Pictures will be taken in the Sanctuary from 9:30 -10:30 a.m. Please have your child dressed and ready for pictures when you drop them off at 9:30. Parents are not allowed in the building. After pictures, your child/ren will be meeting with Cantor Sebo to introduce the children to Consecration. When they are done with Cantor Sebo, they will return to their normal Sunday learning in their learning spaces. In order to keep their Consecration clothes clean, we will not be going outside or using any form of markers or paints on this day. This is an exciting time for your child and we can’t wait to get them started on their Jewish journey.
CONSECRATION REHEARSALS (do not dress up)
- Sunday, October 31st 10:00 -10:45
- Sunday, November 7th 10:00-10:45
- Sunday, November 14th 10:00 -10:45
- Sunday, November 21st 10:00 -10:45
****Sunday Learning: Drop off still at 9:30 and pick up at 11:45-12:00
****Shabbaton Parents: Please drop off your child at 10:00 a.m. and pick them up at the front door at 10:50.
Sunday, December 5th: Consecration 2:00 p.m
The Temple University Circle (Also called the Maltz Performing Arts Center) at 1855 Ansel Road, Cleveland, OH, 44106 map & directions
Dina Rock and Gloria Grischkan will be there at 1:30 pm if your child will feel more comfortable having more time to acclimate to the space.
We ask all consecrants to arrive at 1:45 p.m to have time to settle in and relax.
What should my child wear for pictures and consecration?
If you like to wear a dress, please wear a white dress.
You may also wear a white shirt and dark pants or skirt (dark blue or black)
If you have any questions, please contact:
Director of Learning