One of the most familiar of all rabbinic maxims, which we sing at our Kabbalat Shabbat services and at Bar and Bat Mitzvah ceremonies, comes from the Pirke Avot, The Ethics of the Fathers: “The world stands on three pillars: on Torah, on worship and on deeds of loving kindness.” These three foundations of Judaism our foundational texts, teachings and stories; our efforts as individuals and as a community to touch the divine through prayer and celebration; and our ethical actions through which we touch one another … these pillars have sustained and elevated our people and defined our purposes down through the centuries.
We impart the values and promote the activities that embody them through our many educational programs here at The Temple-Tifereth Israel. Our children learn about Judaism and its aspirations in religious school, at worship services, in social action activities and in our youth groups. These lessons receive their most potent reinforcement when children see adults display an understanding of, and a commitment to, Judaism’s traditions and values.
The Temple-Tifereth Israel has long recognized that the strength of a congregation rests, not only on its religious school and its worship experiences, but also on the quality, vibrancy and reach of its adult learning programs. We continue to commit ourselves to offering stimulating, varied, and substantive educational opportunities in order to create a dynamic culture of Jewish learning at The Temple and to attract as broad a range of participation as possible.
Health and Safety Policies
- We invite vaccinated adults to attend in-person adult learning events.
- Unvaccinated and immunocompromised adults are strongly encouraged to attend virtually.
- There will be no food or drink.
- Masks must be worn at all times while indoors at The Temple, regardless of vaccination status.
- All attendees must sign in upon arrival for contact tracing purposes.
- Physical distancing of at least 3 feet must be maintained between households.
- Vaccination is mandatory for clergy and staff.
- Clergy will receive weekly COVID testing.